Along the Garden Route -- Plettenberg Bay
We all woke to a beautiful morning today in Plettenberg Bay. The views of the Indian/Southern ocean were spectacular. Don and his daughter are getting some quality time as we all enjoy this trek along what is known as the Garden Route from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town. Our hostess at the B&B tells delightful historical accounts of haunted houses and even her family's estate--Forest Hall which is declared a historical site.Ready to face my fear, I announced to everyone this morning that I decided to take advantage of our close proximity to Bloukrans Bungy--I just had to do it, had to know what all the fuss is about. Don and I took off shortly after breakfast and a visit to the internet cafe, and backtracked about 40Km. I was jumper #22 today and now have bragging rights along with the others when it comes to bungy jumping off the tallest bridge in Africa. Also came away with an official certificate, video, and T-Shirt--Been there, Jumped that!


We caught up with the sun bathers later in the day and enjoyed a bucket of prawns at the Lookout Restaurant. Beautiful views of the beach with its huge waves crashing in on the shore from our vantage point. We reminesced about our bungy jumps--how Sho wanted to flex her feet so as not to slide out of the ankle straps; the silence that Lindsay spoke about; the "Holy Sh_t" surge of terror that leaves as quickly as it is generated as you are taken to the edge. Now I knew what they didn't say having experienced the rush of adrenalin as your toes are placed on the edge and the countdown begins. One, Two, Three, Four, Five and you fly as the scenery whizzes by; then the cord around your ankles tighten and up you go again, nearly to a waitless state when you fall again. Up and down...up and down...up and down...what a utterly helpless yet serene feeling it is--to finally come to a rest hanging by your ankles until you are winched back up to the bridge by your best friend in the world--the bungy retriever.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home